ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sergiusbr
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
A100 converted to IR by myself...
Apr 8, 2012

Hi all,

My old and beloved A100 practically was not being used since I bought my A700 and A550 some years ago (in fact I just used my A100 when remorsing for disregarding It!)...

Then I decided to convert it to 720nm IR by myself: I cut a US$15.00 IR filter I bought from a chinese ebayer last year, some internet search about converting the A100 to IR, reading the service manual and voilá, the surgery was made and my A100 now sees the near IR world. I must confess that I am very proud of myself ! That was a long and atencious task (5+ hours)!!!

A new world of photographic possibilities and creativeness was open to me. I am liking it a lot. Here some of my first shots. WB was fixed in 2500K +3 G9 and shootig in jpg worked very well (Got the RAWs too, just in case). I am still learning some secrets of the IR shooting. Lens was the 18-70mm kit.

ISO400 auto tone and auto color in PS:

converted to B&W in Exposure2 (TMax 100):

ISO200 auto tone and auto color in PS:

More recent photos in my WordPress Photoblog Theme:
http://www.sergiodelucena.com/blog

Thanks for looking. Hope to encourage others to do the same... If you want You can! Yes, you can!
Happy Easter!
--

-- hide signature --

http://www.sergiodelucena.com (Dynamic Flash Site Gallery)

Sergiusbr's gear list:Sergiusbr's gear list
Samsung TL500 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +26 more
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow