Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
myseventhlife
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
Re: Prints turn greenish
In reply to Vlad Marasquino, Apr 8, 2012

Vlad Marasquino wrote:

Good afternoon,

I'm printing my B&W pictures on a Canon IP4700 on Canon Glossy paper. The ink is an ersatz from a swiss company called Peach.

The print is OK but, after 4-5 months, the framed pictures turn greenish. They are hanged on a wall, away from direct sunlight.

As I'm not familiar, is it a normal process ? If not, what could be the cause ? The ink or the paper ? Do you have a similar experience with Canon inks ?

Thank you,
Vlad.

As I said in another thread, I have found B&W prints from my canon mg6150 to have a greenish tint when printed on canon photo paper plus glossy ii (I thought the tint was closer to magenta first, but after carefull observation a day later, it seems more on the green side). When using epson premium glossy photo paper on the same printer there is a definate magenta cast. With hp premium plus on the other side (a paper which for colour printing I prefer the least by the way) B&W prints came completely neutral. I have a feeling most paper is not optimised for B&W printing altough I haven't found any that suggest so in their spec sheet.

Are you using a grey ink with your ip4700 by the way?

Regards

myseventhlife's gear list:myseventhlife's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow