Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jwvgoethe
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
16mm pancake in print
Apr 8, 2012

Hello folks, I found the pancake in a bestbuy store yesterday and took it for a hike and around the city. On screen the bottom left and right corners look like mush even stopped down.

However, when I print, even large, they are much less visible. I asked some people whether they could find a problem, and even told them to inspect those corners but none of them saw a problem.

This leads me to believe that the lens isn't so much a problem. Yes it is awful that sony released a lens with such apparent issues, but it is possible to get away with prints. And for critical prints it is probably possible to crop away the problems.

However I will be returning the lens because I refuse to use a prime lens with such jarring issues.

This problem makes me question the entire sony e mount system and the entire sony camera world. I am discouraged to buy more sony lenses. I am even thinking about selling my two Nex cameras( a 7 and a 3) because of the lack of good lenses for them.

For landscape photography, A canon 5d and a 24-105 is almost perfect, but no similar item is available in the sony world much less at a reasonable cost.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow