Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 3,440Gear list
Like?
P510 - Blow up Expresso Board
Apr 8, 2012

I told you I'm a "zoom addict" :), so if you are bothered with my zoom fascination, please tell me to cease or just ignore my thread: I'll understand ...

And here is the story: yesterday night it rained hard and the morning was sunny and clear; I took my P510 and made several shots from my bedroom balcony in different directions, a SINGLE hand held camera shot each zooming in step. I'd like to draw your attention to one of these "series":

The first step:

The second:

The third:

The fourth:

And finally the full 42X zoom:

The surprise was the woman at the advertising panel, that I've remarked only after downloading the image, like in the old renown movie Blowup (Michelangelo Antonioni -1966)! More than that, you can also READ the advertising panel, not on the 1600X1200 reduced image, but on a trimmed part of the full resolution image: it says "educare MIXES" and below "Expresso Board"!

Of course the image isn't very good, but from THAT distance and through a thick glass window I think it's still outstanding.

The PP was minimal: "auto adjust" with Canon Zoombrowser and sharpening with Irfanview.

Finally a likely explanation to the CNET Joshua's Goldman Empire State Building full zoom in sample, he said it was hard to get and looks more like a picture than a photographic image: it was not about the camera problems and less about the photographer skills (actually he IS Joshua Goldman!), but on the SMOG that is quite frequent in NYC by day.

For instance this shot looks like a picture except the Cathedral tower:

Thank you for watching,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Olympus SP-810 UZ Nikon Coolpix P510 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow