Canon 5D mk3 vs OM-D E-M5

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 5D mk3 vs OM-D E-M5
In reply to mswomwell, Apr 8, 2012

Hi

I have 5d2 and ep3 and the mft is no where close to the ff.

Given the price and size that is no surprise, but when one wants to produce really high quality results there is for me no alternative to the 5d2 and some good L-glass, especially in really challenging conditions.

Br

Marcus

mswomwell wrote:

Im currently looking to upgrade my camera kit and am considering a Canon 5D Mk111 or OM-D. Just to add my two penny worth I did some comparison shots using my 5D Mk1 with 70-200mm F2.8 L lens and a PEN - E-P2, with the new 45mm lens, and yes I know that I am not comparing apples with apples but I'm afraid to say that the Canon blew the Micro Four thirds camera out of the water by some consideable margin. I'm not saying that the pictures produced by the PEN were not good or out of focus as they weren't, however, I get the feeling that If I go for the OM-D with all of its size advantages etc, I will still be disappointed with the picture it produces - decisions decisions

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow