Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jabs767
Contributing MemberPosts: 840Gear list
Like?
D4 and 200 f2 VR
Apr 8, 2012

Has anybody had any focusing issues with the 200/2VRI and the D4?

Coupled to my D3, D3s or D3X, the 200/2 is one of my best lenses. Last weekend I shot a cycle race and thought I would use it with the D4 because of the fps and AF capabilities, but out of every sequence of about 6 shots, only one would be close to being acceptably sharp. Using the same technique as always which has always been successful, it just didn't produce the goods!

I tried my 70-200 VRII and even a 28-300 and got far better results. When I put the 200/2 on my D3s I had great shots. It just seemed to be issue with the 200 and the D4.

It's not the camera AF as it worked perfectly with other lenses, nor is it the lens as it worked perfectly on other bodies. I had even shot a football game the day before with the D4 and the 400/2.8 with TC14 and got great results.

A fellow I know at a camera store told me he had read of some problems with this combo but I have been unable to find it here or on NR.

Any body else experienced this?

-- hide signature --
 Jabs767's gear list:Jabs767's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow