Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
HeavyDuty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120Gear list
Like?
Re: New NEX7
In reply to HeavyDuty, Apr 8, 2012

HeavyDuty wrote:

slaybells wrote:

I too miss having presets. It's an astonishing omission given the software nature of the mode selection. I sincerely hope Sony left enough RAM to make this available through a firmware update.

I particularly get caught out when switching between a Sony lens and a legacy lens - I have to go to Setup and change the way the AF/MF button works for magnified focus. Really irritating, and the cause of a few missed shots so far.

I didn't want to go through resetting the buttons when I change lens systems either. My solution was to put the MF assist on the right button - I can reach it very easily.

Someone (?) had a great idea for a firmware enhancement - make the AF/MF button contextual so it always magnifies if the camera doesn't sense an E mount lens.

-- hide signature --

I take this back - I spent a few hours shooting with legacy glass today (Oly 24 and 50) and found the right button for MF assist to be uncomfortable in actual use - but the AF/MF button is perfect. I've decided to change the AF/MF button setup to reflect what lenses I'm using that day.
--
Ken in Illinois
http://www.pbase.com/kjford

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow