Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevroc
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
X-Pro1 + Sunglasses = Fail
Apr 7, 2012

I wear sunglasses all the time outdoors, plenty of sunshine here in California. Took my new X-Pro1 with me on a hike today looking forward to getting some nice pictures, but when I went to look through the eyepiece I couldn't see anything, well barely, but it was very very dark. So I switched over the OVF and I could now see fine, but there was no electronic overlay info or frame lines, just a big 'ol viewfinder. Well I clicked the shot just fine so I now thinking I must have changed some settings.

Then it dawned on me to remove my sunglasses, that happens sometimes with my iPhone where depending on the angle I'm view it at it can appear dimmer. Once I removed the glasses everything was fine. Problem solved. Except I can't hike without my glasses and can't take them off everything to shoot a pic.

Now that I'm back home, I did a little testing. The sunglasses are polarized, that's the problem. If I hold the camera horizontal (landscape) I can't see much through the viewfinder. If I hold the camera vertical (portrait), everything is fine.

As is the camera isn't of much use to me. I know that might sound extreme, but for my intended purpose I just can't deal with that. My Sony A77's EVF has never presented a problem at all with my sunglasses, so I'll have to stick with it for the time being.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow