5D mk II vs mk III real world comparison: portraits, wildlife, landscapes, night

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Randplaty
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
Re: Thanks!
In reply to Shotcents, Apr 7, 2012

What respects was the 5dc a clunker? Do you own the 5d3? I shoot with all three regularly. The 5d3 is by far the best. So responsive. Awesome high iso. Look at dxomarks iso rating for the 5d2 and the 5dc. It's only a half stop improvement.

Shotcents wrote:

Well, the 5D3 is to the 5D2 what the 5D2 is to the 5Dc. I'm not sure why you have your "panties in a knot" about this.

I used to shoot the 5D and now own the 5DII. The 5D had better reds and a lovely sensor. It was a clunker in other respects. The 5DII was a huge leap forward. It has gobs of resolution and ISO range, video and still the clunky focus. The 5DIII is NOT a leap forward as we've seen previously.

The AF module is really all there is to applaud. If this was not the case there would not be thread after thread of Canon system users expressing disappointment. We're "allowed" to be unhappy with the 5DIII's meager (to us) improvements in the sensor. Not everyone has to agree, but we CAN agree that the 5DIII is a controversial product thus far. There's a reason for that and you really can't blame Nikon or Nikon "fanboys." The response to the 5DIII is what it is. Canon can either learn from it or not.

Robert

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow