ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thaddius Danton
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Slow Nex 5n, 'gaining down' of live view in bright light
Apr 7, 2012

Hi all,

I am wondering whether anyone has also had this problem/issue with their nex 5n.

I have an Pen EPL-2 and a Nex 5n and for comparison purposes.

I find the IQ of the nex much better than the pen however one thing the pen has over the nex is speed. In particular when you turn on the camera the Pen's gets the live view exposure right on and I can see the scene and snap away.

With the nex when I turn the camera on, take the lens cap off and point I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds for the sensor to 'gain down' so equalize the live view exposure. That is in bright conditions I get a white screen for 2 seconds and can't see what I'm doing. Really annoying.

The result is missing a shot or standing there like a fool for 2 to 3 second while I wait for the live-view exposure to darken so I can see what I'm doing.

This is exacerbated in bright Australian sunshine, not so much of a problem in low light, but it is annoying when you are trying to be quick.

Has anyone been annoyed by this issue? Also if they have is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow