5DIII and AF @f8 works great

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
GatanoII
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?
Re: yes kenko DGX will AF at F8 without tape on pins
In reply to bobn2, Apr 7, 2012

you got it, DGX is another beast than just a piece of tape, the circuit is working well (till now), I'm happy it's digital tricks survived the new AF in the new canon models and eventually it improved it's usefulness at F8

bobn2 wrote:

ArminH wrote:

Yes, but the Kenko reports everything fine in exif - check my pictures.
I use 400mm @f5.6 and the 1.4 converter -> exif shows 560mm and f8

Seems my prior post about there being no digital circuitry in the TC is wrong at least for the DGX, this is what distinguishes the DGX from the DG.
Form kenko's website

The DGX Teleplus converters have updated circuitry to record exif data more accurately. In the exif exposure data (meta-data recorded with a digital picture) DGX converters record the equivalent aperture and focal length of the lens setting plus tele-converter. Optically and mechanically they are the identical to the prior high-quality DG series converters.

So, instead of using the rather crude 'reporting' system, which only works with 11 pin lenses, they are translating the lens' messages. maybe they got access to the EOS protocols when they took over Tokina.
--
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow