ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kjeld Olesen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,629
Like?
SilkyPix versus LightRoom at 12800 ISO
Apr 7, 2012

Hi

Since getting a GH2 and a GX1 I have been using SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.1.9.1 SE to develop RAW images, but found the images somewhat dull and not to happy with noise at high ISO. Finally I gave LightRoom 4 a try, and I am a little surprised, not to say chocked, by the difference, particular at high ISO. Of cause there are particular images where Silkypix produce more pleasing images without any tweaking, but mostly LightRoom produces far superior images - not results start to look like images out of my EOS 5D with Canon Photo Professional.

Some images mistakenly shot at ISO 800 have blotchy blue skies in Silkypix but much smoother skies in LightRoom.

So, I wonder if this is the general perception, that Panasonic is really shooting themselves in the foot by bundling SilkyPix?

The two images below were developed from the same RAW image, shot at ISO 12800, with rather default settings. LightRoom 4 to the left and Silkypix to the right.

Rgds/Kjeld Olesen

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow