ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lownine
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,246
Like?
Card removal difficulty on K5
Apr 7, 2012

Anyone ever had or heard of this?

SD card goes in just fine. Press. Click.

SD card releases just fine. Press. Click. Eject, but maybe it should rebound farther.

SD card difficult to extract the rest of the way. Pull, wiggle, etc. It feels as though it is snagged on something. I have been able to extract it by pulling more forcefully that I think is warranted. Part of the problem is that the the door design precludes getting a good pinch-grip on the card, but that's probably only an issue because it doesn't release freely. A light pinch (either gripping the flat sides or the edges) should be enough. It should just slide out with no difficulty, right?

No other Pentax I've owned has exhibited this trait. I can ignore it and continue to fret. Maybe it will loosen up over time. (Brand new camera.) Or maybe it will catch a card and never let it go. Or maybe my undue force will break/bend something.

Return? Repair? Endure?

Thanks,
Stu

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow