Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dresner
Regular MemberPosts: 289Gear list
Like?
Love my A77... but the lens selection is weak
Apr 7, 2012

Just got back from Sony here in Bangkok and looked at the lens selection. At the same time I went to Nikon and Canon just to kick myself.

There is no question that Sony is making the best bodies right now, but why are they not updating and expanding their lens line? I see that they are doing it for the NEX and maybe that stealing Alpha thunder, but I'm a member of this Sony camp since January and starting to look for my second lens and very disappointed at the selection.

I want a travel zoom.. only choice is the 18250, which is nice but a little dated and I have read that it's not holding up well against the 24mpx sensor in my A77.

ON the other hand, the 1650 kit is the milks cow...and I love it. Wish Sony would refresh all their DT lenses along those lines.

dresner's gear list:dresner's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow