How much more is the EM5 worth than the GX1?

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
technotic
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Re: E-PM1 + VF seems the way to go..
In reply to tryinginvain, Apr 7, 2012

I'm very much in the same situation. I have a GF1 which I really like but I'd like faster AF so was looking at the GX1 which I think would fit me very well. When the EM5 came out I was thinking of getting that instead but despite the better features I'm worried that the size will be just a bit too big which would mean I'd end up leaving it at home. I'm pretty sure I'd get 95% as good shots with the GX1 and save (in the UK) hundreds of pounds. I also have a Canon 7D which I was going to sell but now I'm thinking of keeping that for when I need the best quality images and get the GX1 for when I want to go out and not worry about the size or weight of the camera. I shot with the 7D for the first time in quite a while the other day and man was it a pleasure to just press the shutter and take photo after photo in a couple of seconds in focus which the GF1 just could not have kept up with. For quality the 7D does beat the GF1 and sometimes it's nice to have that quality and the ability to shoot fast moving subjects (my child). I do love the GF1 though and I think the GX1 for me would be ideal since I really want the ability to just press on the screen and get a picture. I'm going to wait until I can play with the EM5 in a shop though as all I'm doing is theorising at this point and I may find it might be a replacement for the GF1 and 7D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow