Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AusPic
Regular MemberPosts: 298
Like?
3rd Party Inks
Apr 7, 2012

Planning and researching the move from A4 desktop printer into the 'Pro' range is a rocky road, or so I seem to be finding!

What has come into focus is the cost of Manufacturer branded inks. In the past I heeded the warnings and stayed with the brand ink. Low volume use meant that costs were spread over time and were not so apparent. This 'milking' I am seeing leads me to look more seriously at 3rd party inks, and perhaps join the growing band of defectors that are voting with their wallets and purchasing 3rd party inks.

I still want to keep my options open, I am really undecided on the Canon Pro 1, but have discounted the Epson R3880 altogether. The apparent saving in ink only applies if a person uses Epson inks and does a lot of printing, or so I now do believe. So I am now leaning to the R3000 as a contender with the Canon. This brings the whole choice down to the availability of inks.

There does not seem to be a serious supplier of quality inks in Australia so importing from the USA seem to be on the cards. InkjetMall get a mention in this forum and they seem to offer a superior line in both ink and reusable carts. Is there anyone out there offering Canon compatible inks?

I am favouring the idea of refillable carts as I live on a farm and dust is just a fact of life here so open printer covers with tubes hanging out just exposes the interior of a machine to excess dust contamination I think.

So anyone doing good quality Canon compatible ink?

Many thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow