Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BHPhotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 788Gear list
Like?
Focus point(s)
Apr 7, 2012

First question (and forgive me if this is obvious to everybody but me) are the multiple green "AF range finder frames" on my new HX9V screen telling what parts of the frame are in focus?

The Manual suggests as much: "When you press the shutter button half way down in still image shooting mode, a green frame is displayed around the area in focus." Which green frame, all of them, or only the "Center AF" frame?

The Manual says to place the "target frame" over the subject (at this point the "Tracking Focus" is off and the camera has set the "Center AF"?) and press the control wheel button ("AE/AF lock") and "tracking begins ... press the shutter button half way down… the position of the subject, focus and exposure are locked."

When the focus frame disappears and various "AF range finder frames" glow green (again) is it showing me the the parts of the image still in focus in relationship to the center locked focus point?

Second focus question: the Manual says "Either recompose or change the focus setting" if the focus doesn't lock.

Since the focus setting can't be changed in iAuto or iAuto+ , if somebody walks into a "landscape" scene, or a bug crawls onto the flower in a "macro" scene, if I release the shutter button will it default to "Tracking Focus" pick up the "new" subject and follow it until stationary and then lock the focus there, or do I have to reset that point with the AE/AF lock?

BHPhotog's gear list:BHPhotog's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow