Sigma 19mm 2.8 -

Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,185
Like?
Re: Sigma 19mm 2.8 -
In reply to RealXenuis, Apr 7, 2012

In a way you're right. Because the 18mm is the only wide for Fuji right now, they can charge $2000 and call it not overpriced. Once there're more options we'll see the play field leveled out.

RealXenuis wrote:

It's at least as sharp. Alternatively, maybe it's made much better, maybe the contrast and color are better, maybe the distortion is better...etc etc.

Maybe it's sharper than the occasional Leica. Would you say then that the Leica is worthless and overpriced? Naw.

I have the lens. It's sharp. The corners and edges are sharp (when in same focal range). I'm sorry but you're just wrong.

No one's saying it's a world beater. It's not worse than that $200 lens. And if it were, it doesn't make it not worth it. Perhaps the $200 is just grossly underpriced. You should go buy several!

hellocrowley wrote:
If it is as sharp and 1/3 the price, it already makes the 18mm look overpriced.

Here is a 100% crop of the 18mm, not even at the corner, mind you.

RealXenuis wrote:

Looks like a nice lens. Don't think it makes the 18mm look overpriced at all though. I mean, sure I'd like for it to be $200...or $2 if they'd sell it to me for that

The crop doesn't look any sharper than the 18, to my eyes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow