ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Airbus5466
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
D800 - lenses again
Apr 7, 2012

Hi,

Input would be much appreciated. I do a lot of all round work - familly, sometimes some big jets from an airport somewhere (I'm a pilot). I have to admit that I'm a bit of a pixel peeper - Using the camare I enjoy knowing that my gear provides as little of compromises as possible. I own the 50 1.4G, 85 1.4G and 105 2.8G vr macro.

1. The 105 - there are a lot of different opinions about this lens. A person in a pro shop on the question will it be up for the D800 said well, yeanae.... No. Reading different forums it seems like for example the Sigma 105 is better. I have used the lens for macro work but also as a short tele. What to you think? Let go?

2. Is the 50 1.8 sharper and with better contrast and colors than the 1.4? Should I buy it instead?

3. I really like the results of the 85. But again, is the 1.8 better than the 1.4 with the exception that you loose two stops?

What would you say is the best normal - short tele prime for the d800?

Thanks

Erik

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow