5d3 makes me feel like I can stop upgrading for a while

Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rob Havemeyer
Regular MemberPosts: 258Gear list
Like?
Re: Me too
In reply to Guy Lerner, Apr 7, 2012

I've upgraded from a 400D which I've had since 2006 to a 5Diii !

The change is extraordinary and beyond expectations. Like a butcher who used a butter knive and then finally gets a sharp carving knife. Or a Cessna pilot getting into a fighter jet. It's a whole new world. I've been a big believer that it's the photographer that makes the difference and not always the technology or equipment. But over the years I've regularly lost great photo opportunities because of the older technology. Ie slow buffer, poor autofocus, a barely usable ISO 800 all contributed to pushing me for an upgrade.

Its really a great camera. The fact that I shot my sons hockey game in poor lighting with an f4 lens at ISO 12500 and got great pics is a revelation!! I'm looking forward to missing less opportunities in the future....

Rob Havemeyer's gear list:Rob Havemeyer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow