Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mstecker
Contributing MemberPosts: 563
Like?
Windows 7 and the internet
Apr 6, 2012

I recently switched from Windows Vista to Windows 7, 32 bit OS on my Lenovo Intel duo-core tower computer and have been having trouble in connecting to the internet with wired DSL-modem and Linksys router. Is this common to Windows 7? I ask this because I have never had this problem with the same DSL modem and Linksys WRT 54G router with either my XP or Vista computers. I find that if I disconnect the power to the separate DSL-modem (AT&T ISP) and router before booting up then I usually can get on the internet with Windows 7. However, if I do not turn the power off to the modem and router or do a restart then I am unable to access the internet. Any suggestions on what to do? I tried to directly connect the DSL modem to the computer, bypassing the router, and it worked one time but failed another. I also tried both modem and DSL router (hard wired) with my Windows XP computer and everything worked well.
--
Mike
http://mstecker.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow