14-45 lives up to the hype :)

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146Gear list
Like?
Re: 14-45 lives up to the hype :)
In reply to Anders W, Apr 6, 2012

I've got both the 14-45 and the 14-42 version (came kit with G3)... the zoom on the 14-45 is noticeably smoother and does not have the cheap feel of the 14-42... this says more about how bad the 14-42 is in this regard than the 14-45 being anything special in zoom smoothness...leaving that aside it is a truly excellent lens in all other respects.

Anders W wrote:

lowincash wrote:

That's good to hear I am getting this lens to use on the E-M5.

May I ask, how is the zoom? I mean is it smooth? I remember having the 14-42mm lens on the G3 and I hated the lens because the zoom was so rough and felt so cheap.

Sorry to disappoint you here. It isn't very smooth and would guess it is comparable to the 14-42 in that regard. Another shortcoming is that the rubber on the zoom ring shows a tendency to escape from its ordinary position after a while (although there are ways to fix that).

Other than that, I have only praise for this lens, and have no plans of replacing it. If I need more speed, I use my primes. When I don't, the 14-45 will deliver essentially the same quality but offers the advantage of quick and continous change of focal length.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow