Olympus E420 4/3 to F Mount?

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,047
Like?
Re: Olympus E420 4/3 to F Mount?
In reply to lyth, Apr 6, 2012

I recently purchased a refurbished E-420 with 14-42 lens, a complete kit, from the Olympus online store. Cost was $279.95 and comes with a 90-day warranty.

It's perhaps more than you want to spend, but I don't think purchasing an adapter and a "cheap" lens is the way to go. I doubt that any cheap lens can beat the performance of the 14-42 which, for a kit lens, is outstanding. Actually, for ANY kind of lens, it's outstanding. It easily outperforms any kit lens I've ever owned from Canon or Nikon.

As far as I know, there's no adapter for fitting a Nikon lens to a 4:3 mount. At least, I've never seen one or heard of one. Even if it exists, you lose the AF. And I think the viewfinder on the E-420 as well as the LCD/Live View feature are too small for manual focus with any degree of accuracy.

The E-420 is a great camera capable of exceptionally good images. It deserves the best lenses you can afford.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
http://www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow