Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Holloway
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,626Gear list
Like?
OMG I did it !!!!
Apr 6, 2012

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone on the forum who helped me get there. Petteri, Zach's photos, Cycloperdia, Lisa O and everyone who posted pictures that proved that the limitations are not the camera.

Today I ordered an X Pro-1 and 35mm lens with a top end SanDisk card from Amazon. Then I ordered the +2 Diopter from Stephen Gandy.

My great frustration with Canon DSLRs and the lenses is not IQ, it's that the camera is always in the closet.

My goal is to have the Fuji with me., on the floor of my car, banged and bashed, but taking pictures.

Of course, now I'm frustrated for a few days waiting. But that's the norm.

Now, I'm sure the lens chatters and it's not top notch low light super fast AF system and that there will be other strangeness. I learned on manual film cameras and am sort of psyched to return. Wars and all.

The two main reasons I took poor shots with my Canon have always been - me and the fact that the camera was at home. here's to photography and the fun of being engaged with your subject versus a piece of electronics.

Thanks
Rob

PS - My goal, one camera, one lens, one shot, each day.

Robert Holloway's gear list:Robert Holloway's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow