Flat view
lyth
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Olympus E420 4/3 to F Mount?
Apr 6, 2012

Hey guys,

First time poster. Great site!

Unfortunately (haha), I'm making the move from SLR to DSLR. Gotta retire my Minolta X-700 (Man, I'm going to miss the darkroom). I was looking for a inexpensive DSLR (two terms that rarely go together), as I'm a student who's traveling around Asia for most of the summer. It'd be great to snap some pictures along the way!

I was browsing online and I found a Olympus E420 10.0mp DSLR Body with Charger, Battery and Instructions for $135 + shipping.

Now, I embark on my quest to find a lens. Unfortunately they seem pretty expensive. (I'm looking to spend about $50ish on a lens. Not a lot of money, I know. I'll check the classifieds/for sale section here too.)

I ran across this on my journey. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nikon-F-Mount-Lens-Olympus-Four-Thirds-4-3-E-Adapter-/180705634951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a12e52a87

Its a Lens adapter for the 4/3 system (that Olympus uses) that allows the camera to use F mount lens'.

I managed to find a "cheap" lens for $50 by "Quantaray" (which is Sigma, according to Google). http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Quantaray-Digital-Series-DC-18-mm-50-mm-F-3-5-5-6-Nikon-/200739088092?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2ebcfb66dc

Since I'm not too knowledgable....

Do you guys think this would work? The Olympus E420 with the Lens Adapter and the lens? It sounds like it would fit, but I'm not sure.

All together it'd be about $220. Much better than the Finepix S2 PRO that I was looking it, aha. Hello 2002!

Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Olympus E-420
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow