Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
E-M5 pocketable? Owner's only.
Apr 6, 2012

This question should only apply to people who actually own the new OMD E-M5 and also place there Oly PEN's in their pants or shirt pockets, as then I will know they have experience carring a full featured camera and lens on their person almost every day, and in their normal sized pocket's.

For those of you who do not do this, it's understandable that you will decry this entire post and think it's just not possible. So I will be taking your view's and opinions with a large grain of salt. I would suggest to these people that you try carring your PEN with a small prime lens mounted in your front pants pocket or shirt pocket. Live and Learn!

As a photographer for many years and having spent a lot of time carring around pro DSLR's like my Nikon D1H, Canon 1DsMkII and Kodak SLR/n I have experienced having only one free hand throught the entire day while the other hand carried my camera/lens. Once I got my Olympus E-P1 and now E-PL1 I have been able to mount certain Leica prime lenses and the Oly 17mm f/2.8 on the camera and place the kit into my normal blue jeans front pockets. I got into the habbit of doing this a few years ago when using my Russian made copies of the Leica Barnak M39 scrrew mount camera's and collapsible lenses. That was Oskar Barnak's intension when he invented 35mm photography. He was tired of carring around the Large Format Wooden Box Field Cameras of his day. He also had Asthma and was physically not up to carring large cameras up and down the country side.
-Peter
--
Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D1H Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow