Considering starting up Home based Fine art printing

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guillermo Shashte
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
Re: Considering starting up Home based Fine art printing
In reply to Adam Filipowicz, Apr 6, 2012

Adam Filipowicz wrote:

I am very confident that I could output a quality product. based on my past Sign experience in printing and calibrating ICC profiles and photography.

Prove it, show some great examples of what you can do to local people. To do that you need great images. Print the biggest size you can.

I have looked into pricing of the major labs in the area and they are aprox 2x the price I was thinking of charging for the same product for prints larger then 11x17 (up to 44" roll)

If you charge less than those labs your product will be perceived as low quality, not worth it. Better start at a higher price point than those labs and have some specials\coupons.

Your selling point should not be price. Personal attention and better output than those labs is a better way. Be ready to explain how you work with the customer to achieve that quality and price the time and work that will be needed to achieve that quality (proofs, etc.)

Check some online custom printers to see what they are offering and to get content ideas for your web site.

-- hide signature --

GS

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow