Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adam Filipowicz
Regular MemberPosts: 375Gear list
Like?
Considering starting up Home based Fine art printing
Apr 6, 2012

I am considering doing some Fine art printing from home. for local photographers and online orders. Curious what people think about ordering prints from an unknown source.

I am very confident that I could output a quality product. based on my past Sign experience in printing and calibrating ICC profiles and photography.

Initially I am just considering doing the printing and if mounting is necessary, patterning up with a local framing shop for the finishing.

I have looked into pricing of the major labs in the area and they are aprox 2x the price I was thinking of charging for the same product for prints larger then 11x17 (up to 44" roll)

I love printing,. I love Photography.. So i feel this will be a good endeavor for me to pursue. as a secondary income.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences you have had with similar services.

Adam Filipowicz's gear list:Adam Filipowicz's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow