Yamin Tedja
Contributing MemberPosts: 542
Like?
Re: Olympus 4/3rds to Pentax K-5 primer/ system intro
In reply to Raist3d, Apr 6, 2012

Raist3d wrote:

Yamin Tedja wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

I am not sure these lenses are "as is" Tokinas. The build is decidedly different. I also think these lenses are unique due to their size- they are far smaller than the SHG's and smaller than the Canikon equivalents from what I have seen.

I think the lens construction are the same thus the performance is the same. I look the review from photozone and those lens has similiar performance. I think pentax only add sdm and weatherproofing.

I understand the Tokina has more plastic? If you mean just the lenses- yeah, possible, I don't know. I'll take your word for it though.

If in fact they are the same lens, why is pentax version is much more expensive? just because of weatherproofing and sdm? then why don't they also make a cheaper version without sdm and weatherproofing, not everybody need sdm and weatherproofing. If the lens price continue to be this high then everybody will just buy sigma lens, sigma provides better lens selection for pentax user better than pentax itself, even tough their primes are not as small.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow