Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,871
Like?
Living with the 5D!
Apr 6, 2012

It would be interesting to hear from people who still love their 5D, be it the classic or the MKII/MKIII.

I guess I fall into the category of feeling good by having the latest equipment, but this comes at a cost. I admire those who can instantly say "I am happy with what I have".

The 5DMKii is a classic example of this, yes the MKiiii has a few more features, but in the UK the body is exactly twice the price of the MKii.

I can also understand if you are a pro that cutting edge can win you more business and the extra 2 stops and AF points can make a difference, so it's a no brainer.

But if you were buying as a hobby it's really difficult to justify double the price, but then again can you live with the fact you have a 3 year old camera?

I guess if you already have a 5DMKII then upgrading is not a priority, but if you are buying a new camera then buying old technology is something that can lead to buyer remourse, I know that through many experiences!!!!!!

Ian

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow