Pentax Price Increases - Consider this

Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,596Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax Price Increases - Consider this
In reply to Yamin Tedja, Apr 6, 2012

My feeling is the consumer always wins. I have a Nikon system of lenses and two older bodies and I bought into Pentax with a K-r last summer and then purchased several lenses, including one Limited. My intention then was to convert to Pentax, but I kept my Nikon gear. Now say I get $1000-$1500. Am I likely to buy a K-5 or a D7000? It might seem at first glance that the K-5, an excellent camera, would be the way to go. And maybe I would have once made that choice. But with Pentax's decision on lens pricing, their crappy quality control, their lesser warranties, when my Pentax body wears out, I will sell my Pentax lenses and go back to Nikon and buy a D7000 or its equivalent. The lenses I bought from Nikon are not their top-notch expensive stuff and yet they are surprisingly good. I never had a moment's worry over QC. So, no, sorry. Nikon wins. In fact, Canon also wins. Secondarily it may be a gain for Sony and even Oly.

If it is worth it to you to stay with Pentax, I wish you well, but I bought assuming lenses would be a good bargain. That was my attraction to Pentax. If they want my business, they need to make buying from them attractive. They do have competition.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow