Questions For GH2 Users

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leo
Leo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,014
Like?
Re: GH2 users: green-yellow tint at high ISO ?
In reply to jalywol, Apr 6, 2012

jalywol wrote:

Leo wrote:

I have downloaded several high ISO (1600 and 3200) RAW images and all colors were fine but redish warm were colors have a green-yellow tint. It was much stronger at ISO 3200. Could not remove it without disturbing the other colors. Have you experienced the same?
Leo

If you are in RAW, you might want to work with the camera color profile adjustments. You can selectively adjust a variety of color parameters and save them as a custom profile. You also should check your white balance settings, and try and adjust those first, before you adjust individual color ranges.

The other thing to consider is to get a device that will generate custom profiles; I have one (Xrite color checker passport). You take a photo of the color palette thing, and once you upload it, it has software that will generate a correct profile for that shooting session. It's not very expensive (around $100), and is extremely useful.

I just ordered a GH2.

I was switching from GH2 to G3 then to Nex-5n and thenback to GH2. The greenish-yellowish tint at high ISO settings still worris me, however a camera profile with DNG profiler should fix the problem. I hope it would work.
Leo

Once you generate the profiles, you can just switch among them to get the one that fits your situation (you don't have to use the thing on every single photo outing). It's nice, though, because you can also use it to match color profiles across a couple of different camera/lens settings, if you are trying to get color continuity in that kind of situation also.

Hope this helps.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow