Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paddy
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
The 5DMK3 su....
Apr 6, 2012

....re is a peach! Wow this forum has been rockin for a month now and a very entertaining read. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the QE quoting, DXO displaying, mega pixel peeping, resolution reviewing naysayers, who claimed the 5DMK3 to be DOA, a dud, de-evolutionary and the biggest, most expensive paper weight Canon has ever produced. First, all of your comments convinced me I just had to have one of these in my line up, just to say “ya I got one”. I know someday on Antiques Roadshow it will be worth its weight In CF cards and my kids will say “OMG that much, thanks dad”

I’m sure by now you’ve checked my profile and found I’m a long time member, but infrequent poster – go figure! Second to all who heeded the above conclusions and cancelled orders and pre-orders and jumped to the other side THANK YOU, I now have had my MK3 since last Friday.

So, again a great big thank you to all for showing me the light. Oh and saving me more money cuz I can now sell my printer, stash of inks and large cache of papers since this 22 mp sensor won’t deliver anything worth printing with its lack of DR and banding!

NOT… lol.

Seriously I was in a workshop this weekend and put her thru the routine and all I can say is its freakin awesome for my style of photography and I love it. The AF is spot on, the files are beautiful and easy on me quad core and she handles like a dream and the prints are gorgeous. Keeping the 7D along with this camera makes me feel like I’ve future proofed my equipment needs for a long time. So happy silent shooting and keep your f-stop low and your iso high and your flashes dry!

Respectfully

-- hide signature --

paddy

paddy's gear list:paddy's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow