Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: P7100 back from repair with firmware upgrade
In reply to anthony mazzeri, Apr 5, 2012

anthony mazzeri wrote:

MMS Photo wrote:

RPL lens unit
RPL main PCB

They actually replaced the whole lens and the circuit board? May as well have just given you a whole new camera...

I've always had a similar issue with my P7100, the image goes glitchy when trying to enlarge. Because it's only when enlarging shots taken in portrait with the auto-rotation setting (ROTATE TALL) set to off, this looks very much like a firmware bug so I've just been waiting for the (any) update.

Anthony,

I was surprised that they did the pcb board and the lens assembly. I know the lens was swapped; I had a couple of dust specks in the original lens and the new one is totally clear.

Never noticed if the orientation made a difference in the glitch. When I zoomed in, the image would scramble, with a thick green stripe of speckles. I do know that I have always had Rotate Tall set to off.
--
Michael
MMS | Photography @ http://mmsphoto.zenfolio.com/

MMS Photo's gear list:MMS Photo's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow