Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SammyToronto
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Hoping for an Olympus equivalent to the Panny 20mm lens
Apr 5, 2012

I've been shooting the epm1 + the panny 20mm lens for several months now and have found this combination capable of producing a stellar image quality. However, I've recently tried to shoot pics of my nephew and niece and found the slow focus of the panny to be a true problem when trying to keep up with kids indoors. I've never had such a hard time shooting kids with my Canon XT + Tamron 17-50; a combination not exactly renowned for lightening-quick focus yet it easily kept up with the kids producing in-focus pics 90% of the time (my gallery has a couple of those pics).

It's even worse when trying to take a video indoors where focusing REALLY struggles, even it very good light. It's a shame because, when in focus, the video captured is to die for and better than any camcorder I've owned.

I love the panny's focal length since it's great for taking indoor pics/videos of people, which is what I mostly do, so I hope Olympus produces an equivalent version with the MSC focusing mechanism and image quality of the phenomenal 45mm (which I'll probably also get). It doesn't even have to be a pancake lens; something the size of the 45mm would do nicely. Olympus, are you listening?

SammyToronto's gear list:SammyToronto's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PL5
Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow