Returned MKIII

Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,174Gear list
Like?
Re: Returned MKIII
In reply to Phil, Apr 5, 2012

Hi

I have had a mk2 since launch and found it so good I even sold my 1dsmk3 and purchased another 5D2 recently while the super low priced deals were on. My thinking was that they might have increased the mega pixels to over 30 million which IMHO would have compromised the performance. They didn't increase the res by much but in general I'm quite happy still with the IQ and the AF etc.

My only gripe or question to those that can compare both the mk2 and mk3 with regards to shutter sound and mirror slap! is the sound that much nicer than the loud clomp that you get from the mk2? (I'm not talking about the silent mode although that would be nice) The mk2 is just not very refined where firing noise is concerned( probably spoilt by the 1 series I suppose)

But still, as you have pointed out it a big jump in price just for a sweeter shutter sound, if the mk3 was like a Leica sound then it might be worth it.
--
I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow