Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobbarber
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ150 default sharpening?
In reply to Stevie Boy Blue, Apr 5, 2012

Hi Stevie,

Your gallery is very impressive!

I notice that a lot of your shots were pegged out at 108mm, the maximum zoom. Did you also use a teleconverter? The shots are wonderful. They are all well-exposed and colorful. You seem to have found good light for a lot of them.

Thanks for the tip about the video. I am torn between this camera and a camcorder, either the SD90 or the TM900. I'm not sure how much I would be changing focus after composing a shot. I also own a G2, which I've hacked, and it makes nice video, but I actually find the large sensor to be a disadvantage, because often depth of field is quite thin and you have to be more of an expert than I am to keep the subject in focus. So I was hoping with the FZ150 that even if I miss focus, there would be enough wiggle room that things still looked good.

Along those lines, how difficult is manual focus to work with on the FZ150? Is there a decent preview? Is it fairly responsive, or slow? Thanks for your tips.

bobbarber's gear list:bobbarber's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow