ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobbarber
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
FZ150 default sharpening?
Apr 5, 2012

Hi guys,

My point and shoot is an older Olympus model, not a superzoom, but produces sharp images that don't need a lot of sharpening.

Lately the FZ150 has caught my eye, not only for the zoom, but also the movie mode.

However, there is a catch. I've been looking at a lot of sample pictures, not only from this site, but other sites, and while the images seem quite good, they look oversharpened to me.

I thought maybe I was being too critical, but then I looked at images from my Olympus (a C7070) and the sharpening artifacts were not present. Of course, I often shot with no sharpening whatsoever, which probably explains it!

So this is probably a dumb question, but what do the images look like in jpeg out of the FZ150 with no sharpening? (Yes, I know the camera has raw, and so does my C7070, and yes, I use raw from time to time, but I greatly prefer to shoot jpeg if possible.)

Thanks,

Bob

bobbarber's gear list:bobbarber's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow