Underwater images taken with a G1 X

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nudibranco
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: Underwater images taken with a G1 X
In reply to Wossa, Apr 5, 2012

Beutiful pic and great contrasts!!! Not sure if you used a strobo (I assume you did not).

regarding focusing and "struggling"... a true compact is a LOT easier to use underwater thanks to the larger DOF of smaller sensors. So it is normal to struggle more!

But as you have seen yourself when you get the right focus the image is indeed sharper, with less artifacts and just punchier!

The G1X is a great camera for the mid to long range shooting (much like what your pics show). I think you may be able to get some additional wet lens attachment to your case to get closer focusing. Unfortunately you will probably not get true MACRO shooting (which underwater is where you often want to shoot especially in murky waters). I am still wondering if there will be a wet addon lens strong like +15 or so enough to get close enough for nudibranch shooting.

Forums on scubaboard.com are a great source of info!

Nudibranco's gear list:Nudibranco's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow