Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jerrycambuk
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
X100 - Another Convert
Apr 5, 2012

Apologies for wanting to share my joy and initial thoughts of my new purchase, but I am absolutely made up with the X100. It is a superb camera.

I've been thinking about an X100 for a while as the perfect compact for me, and I've just taken the plunge earllier this week. It is wonderful, a great investment at a now highly realistic price (£694), and I think from initial shooting we will be happy together. I have a nasty feeling the the days of wondering around with the D700 are probably over for the time being.

I will do the firmware upgrade to 1.20 but I don't hold out much hope for focus speed improvement - after all the mechanics of the X100 are what they are. However, I don't find it a slow focusser - in low indoor light last night it managed to keep up with my three year old admirably with approx 65% of shots nailed for acceptable or perfect focus at F2.0. I am happy with that.

All that is written about build quality is correct - it is superb. Colour rendition and resolution is just wonderful. Smart flash, or whatever Fuji calls it is great, to the point where I'm happy to leave the flash on auto rather than to select it.

Using Sandisk UHS 8GB cards (Pro extreme or whatever they are called) and the write speed is decent. No issues there.

As to accessories, the crappy strap is still in the box. My Op Tech thin pro loop is in place and works well. As for a case, well, I hate leather ever ready cases so I bought a Think Tank Stuff It, and wait for it - perfect! It takes the X100 with hood in place, ready to shoot, with the strap, a spare battery, cards and a cleaning cloth absolutely perfectly. Think Tank could have made the Stuff It for X100 users, so very highly recommended if you are looking for a suitable pouch.

Photos to follow when I get some interesting subject matter in front of me rather than boring old around the house stuff. The X100 deserves better than that!

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow