Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chekist
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381Gear list
Like?
Fuji X Pro1 + Voigtlander 15mm
Apr 5, 2012

One of the main reasons why I got X Pro was the fact that I can use it with a wider range of M-mount glass than NEX-7. And by that I mean that one was supposed to be able to use it with wide angle lenses. One of the best examples of such lens is Voigtlander 15mm - it is optically excellent and has very good contrast.

Today I finally got my X Pro and had a chance to try it out with Voigtlander via Kipon adapter. No great shots to show off, but I did test for color cast - which was extreme with NEX-7. I would say that from my experience it is about as good as NEX-5, but not nearly as good as Ricoh GXR. So at first glance it appears that it is a descent camera for RF lenses, but not anything special.

And of course white paper shot... Not quite white since did not attach a flash. Even though in the shot below color cast is clearly seen, in field use this would not be a huge factor for me, as can be seen in the image above. But probably I would not go as far as Voigtlander 12mm - this would be too much.

More testing tomorrow...

-- hide signature --
 chekist's gear list:chekist's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Sony RX100 II Olympus PEN E-PL1 +2 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow