Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NikonMike
Contributing MemberPosts: 973Gear list
Like?
Thom Hogan hints of no DX upgrade from D7000
Apr 5, 2012

Thom writes " the D800 is almost a perfect D7000 as well as an FX body makes it a natural upgrade point for D7000 users. Adding another FX body below the D800 makes as much, if not more, sense than adding another DX body above the D7000. In fact, moving the DX user to FX gives yet another upgrade path to push them on." Of course I don't know any more than the next guy and maybe Thom doesn't either, but this is the first time I've heard him say anything to suggest there won't be a D400. And maybe if Nikon was even thinking that, all the D800 sales may be sapping the potential market. As time passes by and not even a rumor of a D400, I'm starting to think more and more there simply won't be one. I think what we'll see is a modest upgrade in build and specs of the D7000 but no where near what a D400 would have been.
--
Mike

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow