E-M5 blurred shots - bad technique? Advice please!

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gakuranman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,022
Like?
That's the same for me
In reply to Pikme, Apr 5, 2012

This has been my experience to date as well. I've often forgot to turn off IBIS while on a tripod and seen no ill effects. However, this is a new camera, new IBIS and more importantly, I'm using the camera while held up to my eye for the first time, which I think may have contributed to the problem. I did notice last night that when I was extra careful to squeeze the shutter without moving the camera, I got sharp shots with IBIS on and off.

Hopefully I will go back outside this afternoon to try again.

Pikme wrote:

I've been using Olympus IBIS for several years now with several different cameras. I do not believe there is any 'defect' with it. I generally leave it on unless I am using a tripod or panning (and I have accidentally left on it even with tripod and seen no ill effect, although shutter speeds were high enough that IS probably never did anything anyway).

I think IBIS has just become the one basket to dump all faulty technique problems into. I do think most people have to make adjustments in shooting techniques to account for small and light weight cameras and lenses, but until those adjustments are made - well, IBIS gets blamed for lots of things.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow