K-5 vs Canon EOS 7D

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
spqr_ca
Contributing MemberPosts: 654Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5 vs Canon EOS 7D
In reply to Paul_B Midlands UK, Apr 4, 2012

The Canon 7D is a fine camera, but the sensor feels dated to me. It doesn't have the dynamic range and noise performance of the sensor in the K-5, though it is higher resolution. The cameras both have a lot of similar comparisons though, but as a K-5 shooter, I'm obviously biased to the Pentax option.

Now, coming from scratch, nothing in hand, I'd be hard pressed to ignore the Canon option, but I'd probably be more inclined to Nikon. Either way, there is something to be said for having a road in front of you, even if you don't currently plan to take it, that includes higher specified bodies, more 3rd party support, etc.

Still, I like the feel of Pentax and I've stuck with it even though a switch is an option to me. The K-5 is a lot of camera, I just don't feel the need.

spqr_ca's gear list:spqr_ca's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Ehh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow