Epson R3000 ink waste and accurate updates?

Started Feb 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
O5iris
Contributing MemberPosts: 746Gear list
Like?
Re: Happened to me yesterday too.
In reply to MrScary, Apr 4, 2012

MrScary wrote:

Hi o5iris---Thank You for replying--Appreciated. So far then, I have got everything correct.

Though it looks like if I want to see Good Saturated Colours I must use GLOSS paper instead of Lustre or Satin papers.

I shall go and order some Gloss A4 paper to try out, and if that satisfies me I shall buy some Gloss A3. In the meantime I shall print what I call non-saturated images on my Lustre along with my B&W. I do prefer Lustre to Gloss for B&W.

Again, just like you, every so often I get my 3000 doing a darn 2 minute clean. Only had it a week and I already topped up the cartridges. Most infuriating!!

I had 2 of those cycles up to now (6 days, 5 of those printing around 18 A4 prints total). Today the printer didn't do it.

I will let you know how I get on with the Gloss paper.
Hope you get your 3000 sorted out soon.

I forgot to mention - I didn't do any fancy calibration to my monitor but I did download a supposedly nice ICC profile for it (HP LP2275w) and I have to say that I'm very happy with my monitor-printer combo.
Are you sure your monitor is not oversaturating colors?...

Good luck with the glossy paper!

O5iris's gear list:O5iris's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow