Lens Adapter price variations

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
mpetersson
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens Adapter price variations
In reply to Marvin Doering, Apr 4, 2012

I have always used the "good enough"-philosophy when it comes to adapters. I have had a Metabones adapter (Contax G -► m4/3), but the Kipon Contax G -► NEX I use now is lighter, cheaper and smoother. So I'm not sure that there was any point to the Metabones premium. The adapter felt more sturdy for sure, but the Kipon is sturdy enough, and saving some weight is not a bad thing.

But I guess it also depends on how much you use the adapters and what glass you put on them. Mostly I use cheaper adapted glass like Minolta MD for instance, and some LTM-glass. Then I'm not really scared of wear or other problems. And for my usage no adapter has ever shown signs of wear or declining function. If I had very expensive Leica glass and often switched lenses I would probably contemplate a more expensive adapter. But not now. And since I have lenses in maybe 5-6 different mounts I would never spend the money for a quality adapter in each mount.

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow