FZ35- The Moon- 2nd Attempt

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sasafrass452
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: FZ35- The Moon- 2nd Attempt
In reply to Skip, Apr 4, 2012

Thanks, I'll try to keep all of that in mind the next time I try it. Maybe tonight, if it's clear enough....

Skip wrote:

Stay at 1/160. I would first open the aperture if the camera will let you at your desired zoom. But I'm guessing that it won't. Then I would start at ISO 80 and take a series of shots increasing the ISO by a 1/3 step up to say 200. Then review the series - check the histogram or blinkies or whatever your camera has. I know you are keen on keeping things simple, but does your camera have a burst mode? If so, it might be good to try it once you have zeroed in on a good combination of shutter, aperture, and ISO. I'm always amazed at the bit of variation I get in a burst series even though all of the settings are locked. Sometimes, but not always, one of the shots in a series is significantly better than the others.

Anyway, if conditions are really good and you are overexposed at maximum aperture and say ISO 160, then speed up the shutter a little and do it again. Like Margaret said - trial and error. We are supposed to be cloudy here on Friday. However, some people say that the moon's shadows are better the day before it's full.

Sasafrass452 wrote:

Other than the shutter speed, what else should I have done? Or could the result not be any better than that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow