Buffalo Mini Hard drive any users

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cogset
Senior MemberPosts: 1,249Gear list
Like?
Re: Buffalo Mini Hard drive any users
In reply to lou Capeloto, Apr 4, 2012

Don't know about the mini drives, but Buffalo has upset a lot of users, including myself, who bought the LS-QL (4 drive array NAS) and then 1.5 to 2 years later, dropped support for that device (the refused to update its firmware to work with LION).

In fact, in some cases some owners of the LS-QL were still under warranty and Buffalo still would not upgrade the firmware to work with Lion.

This is all well documented in the Buffalo support forums and I for one will never own a Buffalo product again. They refused to answer simple questions like "will you eventually update the LS-QL firmware to work with Lion?" and kept a large group of users lingering, for months. I ended up yanking out the four 1TB drives out and using them elsewhere.

PG

lou Capeloto wrote:

Hi

I am interested in using a small external hard drive for travel between my netbook and Imac at home and came across the

Buffalo Technology MiniStation with Shock Protection

Any one have any comments or have they used this drive

Thanks

LC
--
http://www.corot.smugmug.com

-- hide signature --
 Cogset's gear list:Cogset's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D4s Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow