Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
easyeddy
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
Is it too much to ask
Apr 4, 2012

I want a high-quality compact camera designed to be used through a viewfinder. Budget $1500.

X100 is almost perfect except lens is fixed focal length. X10 is another great camera but the optical viewfinder has (understandably) no in-view information (I'm not worried about the 'orbs'). [insert any camera] has no viewfinder. New Oly E-M5 requires an external flash (ffs why?). NEX7 has all the features on paper but the thin body/long lens design choice kills the compactness. PENs addon viewfinder is too clunky for me.

Of course I could compromise and live without a viewfinder, with an external flash, without zoom, or sacrifice compactness (I know none of those affect the ability to take great pictures) but am I really being too picky? Basically I'm hoping for a camera to come out in 2012 that meets my spec. For what it's worth if this aspiration looks doomed then I'll buy the X100 and compromise on the zoom...

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow