Quick Question about Switching from DSLR to M43

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
amehzin
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Stick with your dSLR hardware until you are satisfied with your
In reply to Corkcampbell, Apr 4, 2012

Corkcampbell wrote:

new system. I use both - m4/3 and dSLR. I use and appreciate both. There are some things that the m4/3 system can't match, such as shallow DOF, lens selection, flash, etc. In other ways, it is excellent. From your post, it seems you are not interested in video, or you would have mentioned the GH2/3. Don't forget about growing into that field in the future. Many will disagree, but I do see differences between stills taken with the different size sensors. I rely on my dSLRs for stills, and my m4/3 for video, although I don't discount the stills ability of the m4/3, especially with some of the better lenses, such as the Oly 45 1.8.

I am a bit interested in video. But any camera in the M4/3 system would be better than my D5000 which doesn't autofocus on video. But it isn't really a priority because I also have a good quality Sony camcorder for that.

Buy your m4/3 system, check it out, and then sell your other hardware, not vice versa.

I'll take this under consideration but I'm having my reservations over having two cameras at the same time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow